- Client: International cable and telecommunications provider
- Industry: Telecommunications
International cable and telecommunications provider needed to open a new support site to support a newly acquired customer-base in the Caribbean islands.
Ground up support site implementation.
Summary of Action
- Identified core purpose of the site (Inbound and Outbound calls).
- Determined business requirements for proposed site.
- Collaborated with real estate partners in target country (Jamaica) to determine site location which would best meet the needs of the company and potential employees.
- Collaborated with national and local labor authorities to determine the nuances of local labor laws within target country.
- Partnered with local recruiting firms to canvas proposed metropolitan area (Kingston) to determine availability of qualified candidates.
- Partnered with US and local-based Human Resources teams to develop template for employment contracts.
- Arranged for New Hire training; beginning in US and completing in the new local site.
- Performed network and systems performance to ensure both network and systems would be able to meet the business requirements.
- Completed User Acceptance Testing for business-specific applications and related accesses.
- Delivered New Hire training to the site team.
- Delivered management onboarding for Frontline and Senior Management.
- Completed sixty-day operations review.
- Provided operational recommendations to site management.
Originally slated for a three month timeframe, the project went from Initiation to Completion in six weeks. Net result, the client was able to begin operations two months sooner and able to capture greater earnings than projected.